Each telephone package is optional and is added to the minimum term broadband contract period that you initial choose to take up.
How your telephone package works
Once the initial term of your broadband package has expired your broadband and telephone subscription turns into a monthly rolling contract (unless you have entered into a new agreement with us). This rolling monthly contract can be cancelled at any point by giving us 30 days notice.
If you are cancelling both your telephone and broadband service at the same time the expiry will need to coincide with the cancellation of both services.
There is a small one off charge as a connection fee for the telephone line. This is charged when you sign up via our online payment portal.
You can view all our call rates by clicking here.
Your Telephone Number
We will provide you with a new telephone number with the prefix 0203 free of charge or you can choose to port over your existing number from an existing provider. We charge a small fee for doing this which we will make sure to notify you of at the time.
Can I use an existing Telephone Number?
Yes, it is likely we will be able to move (or as we call it “port”) your number from your current provider to our system. If that is the case then it can take 2-4 weeks for your number to port across to us.
You need to make sure that the telephone number being ported is still an active number in your name at the time the request is made. For example if you have already cancelled your account with say BT then the number you have been using is likely to no longer be yours and therefore cannot be ported to our system.
We can only port numbers from certain providers, which listed below:
To request a number to be ported you will need to provide the information listed below in writing to our Support Team at email@example.com:
- An existing account number your current provider will know you by
- Your new Vision Fibre Media account number
- The full address including postcode where the number was last in use
- Your current address where you wish to use the number
- The telephone number to be ported
What you need to know
- The telephone service is VoIP and powered by the internet. This is not a fixed line and will require a working internet connection to function. If your phone line isn’t working our you’re not able to make calls it is likely the cable isn’t plugged in to your router correctly or there is a fault with your broadband service. In both cases please contact our Support Team.
- The router we will provide you with in order to receive your broadband service has a telephone port at the back which is where the handset will connect to. We can look to wire up a separate telephony socket within your property should you prefer you phone to be relocated or located in a different place to your router, this work may be subject to an additional charge.
- BT telephone handsets are not compatible with our system unless you buy a ‘BT socket to RJ11 4 pin adapter’. The adapters can be purchased online and are available from websites such as eBay for approx £1.45.
Please click here to see examples of a BT socket adapter